Effective Date: July 22nd, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, manage your user profile, participate in any interactive features of the Services, request our e-newsletter or other marketing communications, participate in a promotion or survey, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, photograph, avatar, password, forum posts and comments, messages between users and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide. Prize winners of contests or sweepstakes who are residents of the United States of America may also have to provide their Social Security Numbers, which are used exclusively for prize fulfillment and related tax purposes.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information when you access our Services from a mobile device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and country.
- Use Information: We collect information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, game play activity, interactions with other players, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Other Information Collected with Permission: Our mobile applications that are distributed through various “app” stores may also request permission to automatically collect other information from your mobile device. We may only collect this information with your authorization in accordance with your device operating system’s permission process.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, profile picture, phone number, email address, gender, date of birth and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Fifth Journey and other companies, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, suggested connections or features that match user profiles or activities;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With other users of the Services in connection with the social features of the Services. For example, your username, profile picture and the virtual content you have accumulated in a game may be visible to other users of that game. Additionally, information that you provide in your account registration for a forum and your forum comments may be available to other forum users.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Fifth Journey or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; or
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics, Advertising and Other Services Provided by Other Companies
Fifth Journey takes commercially reasonable security measures to help protect information Fifth Journey collects about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. These security measures may include practices such as keeping your sensitive data on a secured server behind a firewall, transmitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered while using our Services using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information. Unfortunately, however, no security system can be 100% secured, and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Fifth Journey and the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the information we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Your password is an important component of our security system. As such, it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not share your password with any third parties. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should change it immediately.
Location of Data Storage
Fifth Journey stores information about site visitors and players on servers primarily located in Hong Kong, and Fifth Journey may also store such information on servers and equipment in other countries. If you are accessing the Services from outside of Hong Kong, please know the data and personal information you submit may be transferred to and stored in servers in Hong Kong or other countries. The data protection and other laws of Hong Kong and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our Services, you consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of your data in and to Hong Kong and other countries were we may choose to store data.
Personal data collected within Switzerland and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of Switzerland and the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The data we hold may also be processed by employees operating outside of Switzerland and the EEA who work for us or one of our affiliates or for one of our vendors. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, (i) the processing of transactions and your payment details and (ii) the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, using the Services and/ or playing Fifth Journey games, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Our Policy Concerning Children
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
We may send push notifications or “alerts” to your mobile device to provide game activity information, service updates, promotional communications and other related messages. You can deactivate push notifications by changing your notification settings via your device.
Third Party Analytics and Advertising Services
We have identified the provider names of some of the third-party analytics and advertising services we use. Please see the links below to learn more about the data practices of our third-party service providers (including opt-out mechanisms they may offer):
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Because consumers are often unaware that their do-not-track beacons are active, do-not-track does not frequently reflect the actual preferences of our users. Accordingly, Fifth Journey does not respond to the federal Do-Not-Track signal. If you would like to receive no promotional communication from Fifth Journey, you are free to follow the procedure described in the previous section to unsubscribe.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights